Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I did it

This might be the beginning of the end, but today I feel like I've had enough. My 18/10 stainless steel, copper core set of cookery that I received for Christmas a few years back have just taken too much abuse in this house.

I just have never met someone who simply refuses to clean up after themselves and can maintain such composure. Usually someone is filthy at home as well as attire I should think however I live with someone who must of grown up with a maid following their every step, collecting and sweeping like some underpaid immigrant.

I mean it is incredulous to me that someone can function with full recognition of their filth still lingering from the morning like it is simply not present, after days. I don't mean to be so anal, as I feel somewhat hypocritical even discussing topics like these. Yet dried two day old macaroni or burnt Campbell's tomato soup isn't fun to scrub out of my pans, especially if I am not the one creating the mess.

My cries fall on unsympathetic ears and I took drastic action tonight. I cleaned them all up for the last time and hid them in my closet. I feel horrible for doing such, I feel like that guy.

I just can't bear the filth anymore.

2 comments:

Moody Meow said...

I've had a similar experience, but I went a little further. I cleaned up all of my dishes, and then put their dishes (I lived in a big house with 5 room mates) in garbage bags and in the trash. I smiled when I woke from a nap and saw them digging through the trash, ripping the bags open and hosing down the offending plates with the garden hose. We didn't have a problem after that.

Claire said...

I look forward to seeing what your roommates say. Are there other pans or will they have to start buying microwavable easy-mac?