Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Self Study

I believe I have come to the realization that a large flaw in my personality is derived from my almost consistent propensity to preach. If god would only grant me the discipline to keep my mouth shut and merely be in accord with prevailing opinions rather then rail against them so. Even if I do not agree, which opinionated I seldom do.

I was attacked on numerous levels last night about my personal beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors. Rather than truly examine what the issues were, I think the greater issue, the thing that I have been replaying in my head so frequently today is the public availability of my opinions.

Everyone knows what I think, because I make it my practice to tell them. I wish I could change this, I wish I could keep more into the shadows about my beliefs and not be such a braggart.

It always leads to conflagration.

2 comments:

Moody Meow said...

I think being true to yourself, even if you are a touch mouthy, is justified. If people can't deal with that aspect of your personality, that is their problem. Are you as "preachy" in person as you are on your blog?

SleepyOreo said...

I don't think I rant anywhere near as much in real life as I do here.