Friday, March 2, 2007

Lava Lamp

I just noticed that my lava lamp died on my desk in my office. It has been running continuously for months and I guess it finally decided to give.

Today is the last day of classes before spring break. I went out last night and had a nice dirty martini at the stylish Tantra lounge with some acquaintances. I was home with the fox by one, exploring the depths of infatuation with that one.

Something about today feels different, besides that apparent absence of all my fellow students. I awoke with a great deal of happiness and now, augmented with coffee high I suppose I should get some concrete work done.

I realize that there are only six weeks after spring break left, the time accelerates like a new sixteen year old in a new mustang. Change is the only constant.

I am such a blogoholic. I love exploring the webs of my contacts, searching out their friends and expanding my network. Never dull to discover some other interesting life.

I finished Blink today. I was disappointed, as it was mostly the same repetitive concept: We make the best decisions subconsciously based on experience, and handle information most efficiently when we 'thin slice' it (analyze data in small fragments rather than in entirety). I am starting to feel like many of the books on the NY Times best sellers list aren't so indicative of quality, more so mass appeal.

My next book is going to be entirely in Spanish, in efforts to accelerate my knowledge of the language. 100 years of solitude, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, supposedly a classic. I'll let you know how it turns out. I also picked up a cook book by Marcella Hazan.

What is everyone doing this weekend? I can't wait for 300 next Friday!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I hear that's a pretty good book; let me know! And yeah, I am eagerly awaiting 300 myself.