Monday, April 2, 2007

Waisting Time

I really need a new day gig. I want so desperately to be productive, however I have lost all desire to perform at my current occupation. I find it utterly void of interest as the Internet and wikipedia entertain me for the majority of my day.

I am coming to realize that the surefire way to be really successful at whatever one endeavors to do is to really enjoy what one does. I find that this commonly held belief is so true lately, as I still tend to gravitate towards the restaurant industry. A place where tender is callous and cold yet still warms the pockets on the way home, where speculation is rampant, work is fast paced, and the most proficient usually reap the greatest rewards.

More and more I am believing that I am really going to have to find something I like to make large sums of money rather than merely performing some task that pays the most.

The fox keeps asking for a pet, a small annoying dog that she can coo at or some sort of feline. We can't agree on the most desirable breed, and I really have no desire to aid in such decision anyway. I think these things are sources of great dismay when situations go sour, and my past experience has led me to keep as many options open as possible. That said, things continue to go swimmingly as I am taking her home for Easter this weekend.

We got into an argument this weekend and she blurted out quite comically "Not everyone gets up at the crack of dawn to exercise and buy stock!"
Yes my pet... but they should :)

3 comments:

Moody Meow said...

It sounds like you have found an intellectual match. And don't begrudge her the dog.... they are impossibly cute if trained properly.

Anonymous said...

Don't be mean and condesending to someone that really likes you...it is a rare thing, be tender with her heart, you have no idea how it feels to have a broken one. Until you do, beware, because what goes around.....imagine every thing you say to her coming back at you from someone you thought you were in love with. Ouch.

Stephanie Lynn said...

You refer to me first as a fox and now as your pet?
You have got to be kidding me. "King Lothar"=), if you will, please let me help you step down from your imaginary throne so you can ground your calloused and corned feet; feet that reflect the functions of a blue collared laborer, not the baby soft pedicured feet which inherently belong to a true king ...As you place your feet on the concrete which levels us all, you will get a better view of the throne above you where your name is not engraved in gold....
PS...I'm liking the anonymous comment...sounds like someone wise..sounds like possibly your mother..